Earlier this week, Facilities Management hosted a quiz game for its employees during Facilities Management Week. The Facilities Management Green Team developed the quiz, and the first round of questions was all about sustainability. Test your knowledge!
- Name three different types of renewable energy.
- What car manufacturer created the most fuel-efficient car in 2015?
- What level of LEED certification does the University of Utah require for new buildings or renovations costing $2.5 million or greater?
- By what year has the University of Utah committed to be carbon neutral?
- Rank the following foods from the highest to lowest carbon footprint of 4 oz consumed: Beef, tomatoes, chicken, beans, lamb, cheese.
- Which of the following categories uses the most energy in U.S. homes: Space heating, air conditioning, appliances/electronics/lighting, or water heating?
- How long does it take a plastic water bottle to decompose: 250, 350, 450 or 550 years?
- Natural gas and electricity use for buildings accounts for how much of the University of Utah’s carbon footprint?
1) Solar, wind, geothermal, water, biomass; 2) BMW (BMW i3 – 137/111 e-mpg city/highway); 3) Silver; 4) 2050; 5) Lamb, beef, cheese, chicken, beans, tomatoes; 6) Space heating; 7) 450 years; 8) Roughly 72 percent.