The days are growing shorter and time is of the essence. We have lots to do so we really need to maximize both tasks and volunteers. Join us at our two garden sites to help with the harvest! Also, don’t miss Biologist and former University Professor Fred Montague’s talk on Tuesday, Sept. 16 from 7-8:30 pm at the Salt Lake City Public Library, 210 E. 400 S. Montague is the founder of the U of U Edible Campus Gardens.
- No sessions
- 9-11 AM Work Session @ Sill Garden
- Tasks: reseed peas, prep wall beds, interplant beets peas, pull out kale – take to chartwells
- 4:30-6:30 PM Work Session @ Sill Garden
- Tasks: Turn compost, pull out sad leeks
- 5-7 PM Harvest Session @ Pioneer Garden
- Tasks: Farmers Market harvest, compost
- 8 AM- 3 PM Work Session @ Pioneer Garden
- Prep for Farmers Market (RSVP to email@example.com)
- 9 AM-3 PM Farmers Market
- Shifts are available at the Edible Campus Gardens produce stand. You can also volunteer to help at the market manager’s booth, recycling stations, and bicycle valet. To volunteer, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and available times!